1 year fixed-term contract – subject to funding
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty. We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Oxfam in Algeria has been active in the Saharawi refugee camps in Tindouf since 1975. Oxfam’s programme in the camps involves a combination of humanitarian (focusing on WASH and Food Security) and resilience interventions with policy and influencing work locally and globally. Oxfam has recently developed a series of new projects with complex operations involving diversified and large-scale procurement including water storage and supply equipment, agricultural products and technology, food supplies and procurement of sophisticated consultancy services. Additionally, it recently expanded its presence in the camps and established 5 sub-offices to support the projects. All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
To provide logistics & security support. This position will be responsible for daily maintaining and implementation of logistics and supply processes/systems (i.e. purchasing, warehousing, assets and fleet) for Oxfam operations in accordance with Oxfam policies and procedures. S/he will report regularly on all Algeria office logistics and supply activities to the Finance and Support Manager.
- Ensure that logistics and supply (purchasing activities) within the Rabouni office are carried out according to Oxfam’s policies and procedures, using standard tools and templates, donor requirements and are in accordance with the national and local regulations.
- Recommend and advise on any improvement or changes to these procedures as a means of further strengthening best practice adapted to the local context.
- Responsible for maintaining good and professional relations and establish good contacts with vendor-suppliers, other humanitarian actors (including UN agencies) and government departments that relate to logistics 3
- Contributing to Project planning, in terms of having an appreciation of the field constraints and capabilities. Raising these risks to the Finance and Support Manager in Rabouni in a timely manner is vital and should be executed.
- Coordinate the development of Procurement plans for each new grant and ensure regular monitoring/reporting against on progress.
- To write a monthly logistics report including aspects on fleet, asset tracking, stock inventories, requisition tracking and analysis and share with management. · Security focal point in Rabouni Asset Management · Maintaining and updating Oxfam assets including the recording of assets; disposal of assets; reporting any asset movement, loss or damage
Asset Management, including ensuring appropriate storage and maintenance of assets.
- Tag / Register assets once the commodity is delivered to Oxfam premises.
- Carry out spot checks for both assets/inventory Procurement, Storage, and Delivery
- Ensure the procurement of all supplies and service needs (high and low value transactions) as requested by various programmes are carried out in a timely and cost-effective manner and according to Oxfam Policy on procurement, and keeping in mind any donor requirements on procurement.
- Set realistic procurement timelines with program teams allowing S/He to assess market and obtain value for money purchases.
- Coordinate all field deliveries with programme teams according to the volume of needs determined by the programme.
- To organise additional storage needs accordingly if required due to volume and needs. · Effectively implement all information/data system necessary for the sound and transparent tracking and management of goods, including tracking requisitions tracking of movement of supplies and goods received and dispatched.
- Keep proper record of all contracts, expenditures, receipts, requisitions, purchase order forms, waybills and other documents (in both soft – on Box and hard copies).
- Responsible for creation and management of list of contracted suppliers in Algeria, using Oxfam’s selection and pre-qualification processes.
- Ensure the timely payment of all goods and services rendered, in coordination with budget holders and the finance department.
- Coordinate all logistics/procurement activities with other departments in the Rabouni office.
- Reporting regularly to direct line manager on procurement tracking of all requisitions according to agreed deadlines and formats.
- Prepares a variety of procurement related documents, contracts, communications, guidelines and instructions.
Vehicle and Fleet Management
- Maintain Rabouni vehicle fleet management routines, vehicle checks including logging, onboard equipment, tools and documents and regular service due dates.
- Ensure good maintenance of the vehicles and keep them in optimum condition and used costeffectively.
- Ensure proper management of fuel consumption of fleet through regular vehicle fuel consumption analyses and reporting to Line Manager. Job Description Template 4
- Ensure proper management of vehicles (deployments) through regular vehicle deployment and mileage (KM) report analyses – and in case of significant variance, ask concerned driver(s) to explain and or report to Line Manager.
- Ensure vehicle misuse is promptly reported to direct line manager if any misuse is identified.
- Ensure all drivers are regularly updated on any organizational information; changes/developments including on any SOPs
- Responsible for the performance management of all drivers
- Administration and documentation of driver leave / sick day plans
- Update, disseminate and monitor weekly staff travel board (travel plans) by email and WhatsApp group.
- Ensure that all staff and visitors to the Rabouni office receive appropriate security briefing on arrival and immediately following any security incident (‘lessons learned session’) and provide security update during team meetings.
- When required, provide input and feedback on revisions to the national Welcome Pack and Security management plan from the Sahrawi camps perspective.
- Ensure that an appropriate system is in place to provide security information to visitors in advance of their arrival.
- Ensure all drivers are aware of the relevant aspect of the security management plan with regards movements and driving in Algeria/Sahrawi Camps. Ensure driver briefings are conducted with specific regards to safety and security for all new drivers, and refresher sessions for all drivers at regular intervals or following a security incident.
- Any task reasonably assigned to you by your direct line manager or designated person
- Participate in field-level UN-led, inter-agency security meetings and share notes with relevant internal stakeholders
- Collect, analyse and share security information regarding the operational environment with relevant operational and programmatic staff.
- Ensure all (stationary, toiletries, safety equipment, etc) office supplies are adequate and are replenished regularly with support from the logistics assistant(s)
- Manage cleaning person(s) workplan
- Book accommodation, conferences and transport when requested with the use to approved budget codes and procedures
- To make sure office utility bills (water, electricity, diesel, telephone) is processed and paid on time.
- Adhere to all agreed rental agreement contracts and other framework agreements set by Country Director and the Finance & Support Manager.
Job Requirements Essential
- 3 – 5 years of experience in: Logistics, purchasing, warehousing, vehicle management, general administration.
- University Degree or equivalent experience in finance, management or related fields.
- Good understanding of core logistics functions
- Familiarity with donor rules and guidelines.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise work
- Anticipates outcome of activities and takes initiative to achieve targets
- Actively promotes high standards and continuous improvement
- Continually seeks out most efficient use of resources
- Pro-actively adapts and improves standards and working practices
- Able to advise and train on specialist skills to other departments / teams
- Excellent communication skills in written and oral English and Arabic - (French and/or Spanish would be an asset).
- Proven ability to organise work effectively and supporting others
- Attention to detail, highly numerate and computer literate, including word processing, databases/ spreadsheet use.
- Solid understanding and convictions of a rights-based approach and gender, and experience in the NGO.
- Experience of working with technical teams to develop complex proposals
- High analytical/negotiating/communication/inter-personal skills
- Ability to make effective, timely decisions and take prudent risks
- Ability to work within a multicultural, multilingual, and multidisciplinary environment and to work effectively with others in a team across institutional boundaries and business units.
- Place of work: Tindouf (South Algeria),
- Gross salary: competitive salary adapted to the organization's salary grid.
- 9 months full-time contract, renewable depending on obtaining new funding
- Start date : asap
How to apply
Kindly send us your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th July 2020 at the latest. To view the full job description please see attachment.
Due to the urgency of the role we start reviewing applications before the close date, hence interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible